Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Venonat for Rare Candy


Hey guys!

Since my blog is linked to the "Rare Candy: A Pokemon Gallery and Charity Auction" doodlebender website, here's a look at my progress for the Venonat piece I created. One of the most fun side projects ever! I didn't watch Pokemon much as a kid, OR play the games (I know, for shame...) but I did collect the cards!

Even so, doing this project made me think of fun times as a kid, just sitting on the curb trading Pokemon cards and doing all of the fun things kids do. What's so great about this project is that I know our donations to Canines for Disabled Kids will help the children in need make their own fun memories with their awesome service dogs!

1. Started off with PrismaColor Pen, tracing over pencil.
2. Background first! Experimented with splattering technique (using watercolor).
3. Painted in the rest with watercolor.
Close-up of the finished product. 
Here it is at the gallery, surrounded by other awesome PokeArt!

No comments:

Post a Comment